Thursday, April 24, 2008

Groomsmen- Joe Pika, aka Pikason

Joe, or Pika, as he is commonly known (we have really creative nicknames) came into my life when I ventured north to F&M as a wide eyed 18 year old freshman. Nearly 10 years later, Pika is in his 2nd year at Duke's Sanford School of Public Policy and my roommate at Valley Run. Freshman and sophomore years were pretty blurry so I'm not sure how we actually became good friends. I'm sure it had something to do with living on the same hall and pledging the same fraternity. For all of us who've had the pleasure of drinking with Pika, well, I'm going to keep my mouth shut and just say this: I call it "crazy eyes" and I they don't come out as much as they used to...I did get to see them at my Bachelor Party but I don't expect to see them at the reception...Maybe the rehearsal dinner.

Pika is probably one of the smartest guys I know, in that really not annoying way which actually is kind of annoying. Get what I'm saying? Anyway, Pika will be taking on some great responsibility at the ceremony, being head usher and all.

One final thing: Pika is a great Karaoke singer and his talents will be on display Thursday night at the Pizza Palace of Durham starting at 9 PM. Be there.

No comments: