Thursday, March 20, 2008

Wedding March Madness

It's here, my favorite time of year. When I take off Thursday and Friday to watch hours upon hours of commercials in between college basketball's greatest showcase: The NCAA Tournament.

You may be asking yourself: What the hell does this have to do with the wedding?

Many of you know that my only requirement for a wedding date was that it didn't fall within basketball season. It seemed like a smart idea at the time, but now I'm realizing that maybe it was plain stupid. Because now, wedding planning is during basketball season and that's going to really cramp my style.

For instance, tomorrow, we have wedding tasting from Noon until 2 corresponding exactly with the 2nd day of the 1st round of the NCAA tourney. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm psyched to be doing the tasting but what if Duke were playing at noon tomorrow? What would I have done then? Seriously, that would have been a big deal and I fear that Anna would not have been happy with my decision.

Luckily, we avoided that catastrophe, but I have to be realist: March Madness is full of surprises and somewhere down the line, my basketball life and wedding planning life will have a head on collision.

Until then...Go To Hell Carolina.

No comments: